Based on your search query, I would recommend using Common Curriculum for creating and managing your class syllabus. This tool is specifically designed for lesson planning and curriculum mapping, which aligns perfectly with your needs.
Here's how Common Curriculum can help:
- Digital Lesson Planning: You can create individual lesson plans and wider curriculum maps for the term and year. This will help you organize your syllabus effectively.
- Calendar-Style Layout: This feature provides a clear perspective on how the class is going to pan out. You can visualize your daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly lesson plans, making it easier to manage your syllabus.
- Integration with Other Digital Systems: If you have content on other platforms like Google Docs or Dropbox, you can easily pull it into your lesson plans. This feature ensures that all your resources are in one place.
- Standards Tracker: This tool tracks the standards you aim to meet and how often they touch on them in your plans. It can help you ensure that your syllabus aligns with educational standards.
- Lesson Sharing: You can share your lesson plans with other teachers or admins, promoting collaboration. This feature can be particularly useful if you're co-teaching a class or want feedback on your syllabus.
- Lesson Reuse: If you've created lesson plans in the past that you'd like to use again, this tool makes it easy to do so. You can plan lessons once, then reuse them the next year across different classes and even share with other teachers.
- Class Websites: You can create class websites, providing a pre-generated URL. Any component of the lesson plans can be activated to appear on the class website for students and families to access. This feature can help you communicate your syllabus to students and parents effectively.
Common Curriculum offers a free basic plan, making it a cost-effective solution for your needs. If you need more advanced features, there's also a Pro plan available for $5.59 per month.