Common Curriculum is a digital lesson planning and curriculum mapping tool, offering features like a calendar-style layout, integration with other digital systems, a Standards Tracker, and the ability to create class websites.
What Common Curriculum does
Common Curriculum is a digital lesson planning and curriculum mapping tool designed to help teachers create and manage their lesson plans efficiently. It offers a calendar-style layout for easy visualization of daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly lesson plans. The tool also integrates with other digital systems like Google Docs and Dropbox, allowing teachers to pull in content from these platforms. It also features a Standards Tracker that helps teachers track the standards they aim to meet and how often they touch on them in their plans.
Key features for teachers
- Digital Lesson Planning: Allows teachers to create individual lesson plans and wider curriculum maps for the term and year.
- Calendar-Style Layout: Provides a clear perspective on how the class is going to pan out.
- Integration with Other Digital Systems: Teachers can pull in content from other tools, such as images, videos, links, or files from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Standards Tracker: Tracks the standards teachers aim to meet and how often they touch on them in their plans.
- Printable Plans: Teachers can easily access a PDF or print version of the plan.
- Lesson Sharing: Teachers can share lesson plans with other teachers or admins, allowing for more collaboration.
- Lesson Reuse: Teachers can plan lessons once, then reuse them the next year across different classes and even share with other teachers.
- Class Websites: Teachers can create class websites, providing a pre-generated URL. Any component of the lesson plans can be activated to appear on the class website for students and families to access.
Common Curriculum offers a free basic plan. A Pro plan is also available for $5.59 per month.