Nearpod is a student engagement platform that enables teachers to create interactive lessons with quizzes, polls, videos, and collaborative boards, and provides real-time formative assessment and session reports.
What Nearpod does
Nearpod is a student engagement platform that allows teachers to create interactive lessons for both in-person and remote learning. It enables educators to transform existing content into interactive presentations with quizzes, polls, videos, and collaborative boards. Nearpod offers two modes of instruction: Live Participation and Student-Paced. The platform also provides real-time formative assessment and session reports, helping teachers gain insights into the classes’ overall understanding. Additionally, Nearpod offers a vast library of 22,000+ pre-made standards-aligned lessons, videos, and activities for all K-12 subjects.
Key features for teachers
- Interactive Presentations: Teachers can create engaging presentations with quizzes, polls, videos, and collaborative boards.
- Formative Assessment: Real-time assessment activities can be inserted into presentations, allowing teachers to gauge student understanding and adjust lessons accordingly.
- Gamification: Nearpod includes gamified learning activities like Time to Climb, Matching Pairs, and Collaborate Board.
- Homework Assignments: Nearpod can be used to set homework assignments that students can access at home using a Student-Paced code.
- Substitute Teaching: Nearpod can be used to communicate substitute teacher plans and ensure student participation on sub days.
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL): Nearpod's 21st Century Readiness Program includes ready-to-teach SEL lessons, videos, and activities.
- Student Notes: Students can take notes during class and receive their notes, along with all media and the answers they’ve submitted during class, by email, OneDrive, or Google Drive.
- Google Integration: Nearpod integrates with Google Workspace for Education, allowing teachers to manage the classroom easier by assigning Nearpod lessons, reviewing post-session reports, and automatically recording grades directly within Google Classroom.
- Interactive Videos: Teachers can create active video experiences to check for understanding with built-in interactive questions.
Nearpod offers a free Silver plan with basic features, a Gold plan at $120 per year, and a Platinum plan at $349 per year. The plans differ in storage capacity and the number of student joins per lesson. Customized plans are available for schools, districts, and higher education institutions.