Tynker is a K-12 creative coding platform offering over 70 courses and 5,000+ lessons, with features for teachers to manage virtual classrooms, assign lesson plans, and track student progress.
What Tynker does
Key features for teachers
- Comprehensive Course Offering: Tynker offers courses tailored to different age groups, covering topics from coding basics to AP Computer Science content.
- Learning Pathways: Tynker provides learning pathways divided into six skill levels, covering interests such as drawing and animation, music, storytelling, game design, Minecraft mods, robotics/AR, and web design.
- Project Creation and Collaboration: Students can create their own projects, collaborate with others, remix others' projects, and share with the online Tynker community.
- Offline Work Support: Tynker supports offline work on an iPad, allowing students to continue their learning even without internet access.
- Robust Teacher Dashboard: Tynker offers a teacher dashboard that allows teachers to create classes, monitor student progress, and get involved with their progress.
- Integration with Other Platforms: Tynker integrates with Clever, Microsoft Azure logins, Google Classroom, and Apple Schoolworks API, making it easy to create class rosters, assign courses, and see student progress and grades.
- Extensive Support for Teachers: Tynker provides quick-start guides, lesson plans, classroom slides, answer keys, get started tips, activities, and previews for all the courses.
- Distance Learning Support: Tynker offers extra guidance and options for distance learning, including a streaming feature to present lessons asynchronously.
Tynker offers a variety of pricing plans including quarterly ($30/month), yearly ($25/month), and lifetime ($312.50/month) plans. Each plan includes access for up to three children and provides access to over 70 courses and 5,000+ activities.
Potential classroom applications
- Exploring STEM Concepts Through Coding: Tynker can be used to create interactive coding projects that allow students to explore STEM concepts in a fun and engaging way.
- Storytelling and Animation: Tynker can enhance language arts and creative writing lessons by allowing students to create their own animated stories.
- Creating Interactive Greeting Cards: Tynker can be used to teach students about different cultures, traditions, and celebrations by allowing them to create interactive greeting cards.