Wolfram Alpha is a computational knowledge engine that provides direct answers to factual queries, offers step-by-step solutions for complex mathematical equations, and generates practice problems for various subject areas.
What Wolfram Alpha does
Wolfram Alpha is a computational knowledge engine designed to provide direct answers to factual queries, rather than pointing to other sources. This makes it a reliable and efficient tool for educators. Wolfram Alpha covers a wide range of topics, from math and science to history and language, making it suitable for various educational levels. It offers step-by-step solutions for complex mathematical equations, helping students understand problem-solving processes. The platform also provides real-world data, visuals, and is continually updated to ensure the information provided is current and relevant.
Key features for teachers
- Step-by-step solutions: Wolfram Alpha provides step-by-step solutions to complex mathematical problems, aiding teachers in explaining concepts and problem-solving techniques to students.
- Problem Generator: This feature creates an unlimited number of practice problems, allowing students to test their understanding and gain confidence in various subject areas.
- Educational resources: The platform offers a range of educational resources, including tutorials, topic overviews, and a collection of calculators for various mathematical concepts.
- Notebook Edition: This tool combines the capabilities of Wolfram Alpha and Mathematica into a single tool, allowing teachers to create dynamic models and customize graphs.
- Real-world data: Wolfram Alpha offers real-world data, allowing teachers to connect concepts to reality and foster engagement among students.
Wolfram Alpha offers two main pricing plans for educators: Pro for Educators and Pro Premium for Educators. The Pro for Educators plan costs $5.00 to $7.25 per month, billed annually at $60.00. The Pro Premium for Educators plan costs $8.25 per month, billed annually at $99.00.